The SAC has the following responsibilities:
- To serve as a forum of exchange about policies and issues affecting Wake Forest employees;
- To listen to, examine and respond to ideas, concerns and suggestions of staff employees;
- To convey these ideas, concerns and suggestions to the University administration;
- To advise the President of the University or his/her representative(s) on all subjects that affect staff employees;
- To inform staff employees of issues and policies affecting them;
- To strengthen communication among staff and administration, at all levels; and
- To promote an enhanced sense of campus community for all staff.